Title: Accounting Manager, Snow Commerce, LLC
Overview: Snow Commerce is dedicated to providing our clients with industry leading ecommerce strategy, design, and digital marketing to succeed online. We are working with some of the most exciting brands and partners in the e-Commerce field such as 1-800 Flowers, Bauerfeind, Ripple Junction, NBC Universal, Dell Financial Services, and more. Discover more about us at snowcommerce.com.
Position Overview: The Accounting Manager position will involve 2 main areas of focus; accounting and human resources. The ideal candidate is detailed oriented, organized and displays leadership skills in a multitasking environment. We are located in Over-The-Rhine, Cincinnati and believe in providing a supportive, fun and collaborative work environment.
Specific Responsibilities: Accounting
- Manages Quickbooks system to account for financial transactions by establishing/revising a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries. Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Manages project accounting by approving timesheets, reviewing project financial statuses, and coordinating with respective project managers on client invoicing or project corrective actions.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Coordinates activities with CPA firm for company tax management and payroll considerations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Specific Responsibilities: Human Resources
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- 5+ years’ professional experience in services based organization
- Must have bookkeeping experience with accounting software systems
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting
- Human resources experience is preferable
- Self-starter able to quickly learn and apply existing knowledge in a fast-paced client-driven environment
- Must show attention to detail, confidentiality and thoroughness
- Organized and structured in written and oral communications.