Rugby. It’s like football, but different.
Recently we had the privilege of creating and designing the Rugby World Cup 2015 Live Auction. Doing so has caused us to become quite the aficionados. The Rugby World Cup 2015 tournament was hosted in London, UK and is administered by World Rugby – Rugby’s international governing body. New Zealand walked away with the William Webb Ellis Cup for the third time.
Snow and partner, Commerce Dynamics, launched the site on time and on budget just in time for the main event. The site hosted the eCommerce program in GBP currency and localized for shipping and tax systems. The RWC 2015 Auction site was widely popular with over 1000 orders generated thus far. Not only do we feature a live auction, we have also incorporated fixed price (buy now) items and personalized items as well.
Did you know?
- There are two main types of rugby – Rugby League & Rugby Union.
- Legend has it that William Webb Ellis invented Rugby in 1823 in Rugby, England. He picked up a ball and ran towards the opposition’s goal line.
- The inaugural Rugby World Cup took place in 1987 and has since taken place every four years.
- There have been eight tournaments, yet only teams have won the trophy – New Zealand has won three times, Australia and South Africa have won twice and England has won once.
- The 2019 Rugby World Cup will take place in Japan.